- On November 22, 2019
During the conversation at the Trans Tasman Business circle event yesterday with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, the topic of the ‘C skills’ came up. ‘C skills’ being Communication, Creativity, Curiosity, Collaboration, Cooperation and Caring. I have been pondering…
are seen as the essential (and transferable) skills needed for us to cope with
the future of work effectively….
- Where do these skills rank against the technical skills we need for the job we are doing today?
- Are these skills viewed as important for all, or are they seen as more (or only) relevant as “Leadership Skills”?
- If these skills were spread to our entire workforce, would this help us solve our productivity, innovation and wellness challenges as a nation?
- Who is responsible for building these skills – Government, employer, individual? all of us?
- It we recognise these are important to our future, what is the best way to develop them?
What’s your view – do you see these as the critical skills of the new decade, and if so, who needs them, and how do we build them?