The Learning Wave collects personal information from you, including information about your:
- - name
- - contact information
- - location
- - organisation details
- - billing or purchase information
Purposes for which Personal Information may be used by TLW:
- (i) to represent and advise you;
- (ii) for dealing with commercial or legal conflicts;
- (iii) to send you communications relating to future publications and invitations to seminars and functions;
- (iv) to provide you with access to a client extranet website, if required;
- (v) for the purposes of confidential analysis and critical review to enable the improvement of Services, for use in industry education, the provision of submissions and reviews to regulatory and compliance bodies and improvement of any future product development;
- (vi) for internal business purposes such as invoicing and receipting, making payments to you or on its behalf and debt recovery (which may involve disclosing information to debt collectors); and
- (vii) for specific purposes advised to you or to which you authorise.
TLW may process Personal Information based upon your written or oral consent. You must, always provide TLW with current and accurate Personal Information. You may withdraw its consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
TLW may need to disclose Personal Information to third parties (including other entities or individuals who assist it in providing services or who perform functions on its behalf, such as hosting and data storage providers as well as Government agencies, including but not limited to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Tertiary Education Commission), including during representing or advising you. TLW may disclose Personal Information if:
- (i) it is required or authorised by you;
- (ii) it is required by law (including the laws of any foreign jurisdiction enforceable in New Zealand);
- (iii) it is lawfully required by any government body or agency as defined in Term 17.6.
TLW will hold all Personal Information according to the Privacy Principles. The Privacy Principals allow, amongst other things, the right to access and request correction of Personal Information.
TLW works with partners who from time to time assist in improving TLW’s business services and operation. All Personal Information used for statistical and measurement purposes, research and academic purposes that is shared by TLW with those partners shall only be done on an anonymous basis and you authorise TLW to disclose Personal Information to those partners provided information does not identify you.
In the event that a change of ownership or control of all or part of TLW should occur, the Personal Information shall be assigned to the third party acquiring that ownership or control and subject to these terms and conditions.
TLW may disclose Personal Information when it, in good faith believes that such disclosure is necessary to detect fraud, unauthorised use of the Services, money laundering or other illegal activity, to protect the rights/property/Services of TLW, including but not limited to the investigations of regulatory agencies and the prevention of imminent harm.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 64 9 376 6612, or PO Box 68-638, Newton, Auckland 1145.